Sunday, March 01, 2009

Mobile shadow zone

Meeting by DMs with SP & Mobile Service Providers: Report by 5.3.09 I'd requested in my no. 47 dt 20.2.2009 to hold a meeting with mobile service providers & SP to identify mobile shadow zones. As directed by the ECI, a report on this must reach us by 5.3.09. (Recall that I'll be having BDO/SDO/DM VC the day before, on 4.3.09) I myself held a state-level meeting here in Kolkata on 28.2.09; I give below a few points for DMs:- (i) In some cases, BSNL / Mobile Service Providers cannot commission towers due to lack of power, GP Permission, Municipal Permission or Land Permission. Tea Garden areas are also some problems. DM may intervene keeping such towers in view that will be commissioned before the General Elections. (ii) Theft and interference with running/ projects are a problem. Till the elections, OCs of Police Stations should be sensitised to help them whenever requested. (iii) I was told that some service providers may not have senior technical executives at the district level. As such, DMs may hold the meetings with the nominated local representative of the service providers. -CEO

No comments:

THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT

VISITORS

Free Web Counter

SINCE December 2008